User login

Room for rent in 3-bdrm apt in BKK III $135/mo. Available immediately!

6 replies [Last post]
Jocy's picture

An American NGO woman and an Aussie NGO guy, both pretty laidback, are looking for one person to share their 3-bedroom, 2-story Khmer home in BKK III.

The room
For rent is a large furnished room, with an ensuite bathroom and air-conditioning, in a two story Khmer style home. Rent is $135/month. Other shared costs are: (1) the cleaning lady, who visits once a week to tidy up and do our laundry ($10/visit, or approx. $40/month, to be divided by three); and (2) electricity (approx. $15-$25/month per person). The room is available immediately. We are looking for someone who can stay at least 2 months. It is also possible to extend the lease for a longer period of time, if you are interested. We pay the landlord the rent for the full term in advance, so your portion of that amount would be due upon move-in.

The good
The fully furnished two-story Khmer-style house is located on a residential street a block west of Tuol Sleng. It is a 3-bedroom (1 downstairs, 2 upstairs), 4-bathroom house with the following features: large living room, a TV, small balcony, basic kitchenette, washing machine, small fridge, a night guard, ample moto/bike parking, and a nice Khmer family downstairs. Also available for your use, courtesy of my Aussie flatmate, are: a DVD player and many DVDs, a rice-cooker, an electric kettle, various pots & pans and cutlery. Our house is within walking/biking distance of two local organic/co-op veggie stands, and several small Khmer eateries/coffee shops, and only a 5-min moto ride to the supermarket.

The not so good
The previous occupants had a child, so there are some scribble marks on the walls. There is no internet connection in the building, though several internet cafes are within walking distance, and air-conditioned coffee shops with free wifi are only a short moto ride away. Also, there is no hot water, but that hasn’t been a problem for me, with the constant heat and humidity.

Pictures
http://cid-c8abb05c6f55c730.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/my%20flat

Summary of Costs
$135/month (rent – full term of lease due upon move-in)
$ 14/month (cleaning lady, one visit a week)
$ 15-25/month (electricity)

If you’re interested or have any questions, please call and/or email me. I’d be happy to show you the room.

Jocelyn
Mobile: 097 971 9295
Email: jsmedallo [at] yahoo [dot] com

(Pic via Nicksmename's ad)

AttachmentSize
home.jpg34.06 KB
Jocy's picture

Bump.

The room is still available!

nicksmename's picture

hello next door neighbor!

thanks for re-posting my picture :\

Jocy's picture

Hola neighbor! Hope you don't mind too much.

karenlisagreene's picture

Room rented as of sept 8.

Vincent82's picture

Where is it?

violet's picture

Phnom Penh, Vincent.

affiliates

Whats on! See our help pages - add your own events

This location does not have any events. Why not add one here!

Forum